Product: We are excited to offer our newly updated deluxe 6 piece kit which includes everything you need and more to begin your kefiring journey at home!
- You will receive 1/4 cup (4 generous tablespoons) of live active organic water kefir grains. This will produce about 4-6 cups of delicious water kefir starting out and more as it grows.
- Durable Culture-Friendly Plastic Strainer
- Diameter of the strainer: 5.5 inches. Will easily hold and strain a quart or more.
- Black or White - Chosen at Random
- Made of plastic and fine nylon mesh; convenient and culture-friendly material for your milk & water kefir. Dishwasher safe.
- Features hooks to facilitate straining your cultured beverages easily over a bowl
2 special house-blend water kefir food bag. This sugar and mineral blend is a specially formulated mix of sugars and natural salts that we have found work wonderfully for the grains over our years of working with kefir. It also tastes good, if you ask us! :) (ps this means one batch of water kefir is completely taken care of - no other ingredients needed, just pour this blend in and ferment!).
- 1 Adhesive Jar Thermometer to make sure the kefir is brewing at the right temperature. .
- 58-88°F range (for most cultures the ideal area is the mid 70's)
- No more hassle dirtying your probe kitchen thermometers, and having to re-check several times (or risking breaking mercury-filled glass thermometers)
- Wooden or plastic spoon to help stir and strain your kefir.
- Handmade Elastic Sustainable Brewing Cloth Lid
- To use as your culture's designated brewing lid (reusable, culture-friendly, breathable, bug/dust proof, and washable!). We love these and personally use these on every one of our ferments. Fits almost any jar - tiny bottle size to large gallon jars!
- Detailed step-by-step instructional PICTURE guide: Everything you need to know for caring for your grains and making great kefir (along with pics to show you how!).
- Recipes: Including various flavoring, smoothies, and Italian sodas.
- Instructions are sent with notification of shipment, to give you time to prepare for necessary supplies and ingredients!
- Learn more about water kefir and our grains
Yield: This amount of kefir grains will produce about 4-6 cups of delicious kefir each batch (24-48 hours) to start with and much more as the kefir grains grow.
Notes: Our grains are grown in Organic Whole Cane Sugar. This sugar makes for extra healthy and happy kefir grains. It also gives it a slightly brown tint (as pictured). Upon arrival, you will notice that the water kefir grains will be sitting in a light brownish liquid. The color is simply due to the organic raw brown sugar. If you grow it in white sugar, they will turn clear. Keep in mind that these grains can usually thrive in any desired sugar and will change color based on the sugar used.
Shipping: Shipping starts at $4.95. Expedited shipping available.
Will ship within 2 business days.
- We now ship live grains internationally.