Genuine Filmjölk (Filmjolk) Culture
5.0 / 5.0
(6) 6 total reviews
Please select all options.
Product: You will receive a sealed packet of dried Filmjölk culture which contains enough for activation as well as some for back-up or a 2nd activation if desired.
Filmjölk has a unique mild buttery flavor. It’s consistency is somewhere between spoon-able and drinkable, so you can enjoy it either way. Traditionally its mixed with cereal or muesli / granola or fruit.
Filmjölk is a mesophilic / room temperature ferment which means that its much easier than typical yogurt making. There's no heating or cooling involved. It just needs to sit out at room temperature for several hours and its done.
Note: As you maintain your Filmjölk starter, it needs to be kept in a pasteurized milk base. However, from this base, you can take portions to be used as a starter for raw or any other milk.
You will also receive:
- A double-sided card that will give simple step-by-step instructions on how to successfully activate the Filmjölk .
- A Filmjölk adoption card to welcome the new addition to the family.
- Detailed picture instructions are sent with notification of shipment, to give you time to prepare for necessary supplies and ingredients!
Yield: Dried starter will make 1/4 cup of live Filmjölk within 24 hours. From there you can make up to 4 cups and then exponentially more if desired.
Notes: We have chosen to ONLY sell Filmjölk in its dried state for many reasons:
- Dried Filmjölk is more stable and balanced for transit. Live / runny Filmjölk yogurt in transit is subject to temperature changes (sometimes extreme) as well as shaking and agitation which can severely weaken or imbalance the culture. Dried Filmjölk maintains its strains, purity and vigor when dried, and is not compromised, contaminated or damaged during shipping.
- It is also not necessary for you to feed it immediately and allows for you to store it for extended time in the fridge or freezer before use.
- Keep half of the dried starter in the fridge or freezer to reactive later if something goes wrong.
- Well suited for shipping internationally.
Shipping: Shipping starts at $2.55. Shipped within 2 business days.
- International shipping available
- International pricing varies based on weight and combined orders, starting at $3.50 for Canada and $4.00 for all other international locations.