The Culture Caddy©
5.0 / 5.0
(1) 1 total reviews
Please select all options.
Product: Handmade Multi-Purpose Cloth Strainer - We are thrilled to offer this handmade straining utensil we've designed to answer many of the demands in fermenting cultures and other natural food preparation needs! :) Strains a superbly creamy-smooth milk kefir with it's fine weave
- Fine, heavy duty 100% cotton muslin cloth - perfect density for straining, filtering, covering, draining, infusing, etc!
- Durable wear, tear and microbe resistant rip-stop nylon edging.
- Individually Handmade - designed specifically for the purpose of using with room temp ferments (such as milk kefir, water kefir, kombucha, sourdough, ginger beer, and yogurts like viili & caspian (cheese straining)).
- Completely adjustable polyester drawstring cord to convert to many uses (below).
- Washable (and boilable!) and reusable. Avoid fabric softeners and heated drying to prolong life and use! :)
- Twist it, bend it, wrap it, hang it, boil it, no restrictions like plastic and metal strainers!
Dimensions: Fits onto any 5.5 or 6" diameter strainer (not included) for extra fine straining. Bag holds approximately 8 cups.
Uses: as a strainer or take it off and use the adjustable drawstring to form covers, bags, filters, you name it
- Straining - strain your cultures multiple ways, keeping all your tiny grains behind :)
- Sprouting - sprout some of your tiniest sprouts with this breathable, fine cloth
- Creaming - like a fine chinoix this cloth strainer will make for a super creamy milk kefir
- Filtering - sift out and clarify liquids
- Draining - ie jam, jelly, cheese making
- Infusing - use for holding loose leaf tea, soup herbs, kefir flavoring
- Hanging ie cheese-straining and ripening
- Flavoring - Holding ingredients and/or grains
- Covering - forms a tight breathable lid
- ETC! See pic below for more ideas! :)
An incredible amount of useful options all adapted to aid in natural-food preparation in your kitchen!
Ferment, flavor, strain, sprout, make cheese, jam, soup, herb mixes, loose leaf tea, etc!
Shipping: Shipping starts at $2.55. Shipped within 2 business days.
- International shipping available.
- International pricing varies based on weight and combined orders, starting at $6.00 for all international locations.