Better Ferment Airlock Lid System
5.0 / 5.0
(5) 5 total reviews
Please select all options.
SIZE: We carry both wide and regular mouth sizes. Be sure to check which size mason jar you have at home so that the fit is compatible! Read below for measurements.
- Wide Mouth diameter = approx. 3.5 inches, and Regular Mouth diameter = approx. 2.75 inches.
- It allows built up gas pressure to escape
- Remains more clean and 'pure' (in strains)
- Keeps the outside air (foreign yeasts, bacteria, and bugs) out
- Discourages yeast over-activity (off flavors, bitterness, excess alcohol, etc)
- Helps avoid culture cross-contamination (you can ferment kombucha and kefir side by side)
- Makes your culturing endeavors look elegant and impressive if we do say so ourselves!;)
This lid system includes:
- one re-usable gasket for a perfect seal while fermenting
- one bpa-free plastic lid with silicone grommet - to allow for a quick, easy and tightly sealed entrance for the air lock
- one silicone plug - to allow you to transfer your ferment directly to the fridge without needing to change the lid if desired
- one 3-piece air lock - simply fill with a touch of water (which acts as a barrier, letting air bubbles out, but not in.
- wash all by hand to improve lifespan of system - will also do fine in the upper rack of your dishwasher
- this system does NOT include a jar
- International shipping available.
- International pricing varies based on weight and combined orders, starting at $6.00 for all international locations.