Product: We are excited to offer our newly updated deluxe 6 piece kit which includes everything you need and more to begin your kefiring journey at home!
- You will receive 1 generous tablespoon of live organic healthy milk kefir grains which will produce at least 1-2 cups of kefir a day to start with and more as the kefir grains grow.
- Durable Culture-Friendly Plastic Strainer
- Diameter of the strainer: 5.5 inches. Will easily hold and strain a quart or more.
- Black or White - Chosen at Random
- Made of plastic and fine nylon mesh; convenient and culture-friendly material for your milk & water kefir. Dishwasher safe.
- Features hooks to facilitate straining your cultured beverages easily over a bowl
- Unbleached Cheesecloth perfect for getting more out of your milk kefir - thicker kefir, whey, cream cheese, kefir cheddar, etc!
- 1 Adhesive Jar Thermometer to make sure the kefir is brewing at the right temperature.
- 58-88°F range (for most cultures the ideal area is the mid 70's)
- No more hassle dirtying your probe kitchen thermometers, and having to re-check several times (or risking breaking mercury-filled glass thermometers)
Wooden or plastic spoon to help stir and strain your kefir
- Handmade Elastic Sustainable Brewing Cloth Lid
- To use as your culture's designated brewing lid (reusable, culture-friendly, breathable, bug/dust proof, and washable!). We love these and personally use these on every one of our ferments. Fits almost any jar - tiny bottles to large gallon jars!
- Detailed step-by-step instructional PICTURE guide: Everything you need to know for caring for your grains and making great kefir (along with pics to show you how!).
- Recipes: Including various flavoring, smoothies, and Italian sodas and homemade cream cheese.
- Instructions are sent with notification of shipment, to give you time to prepare for necessary supplies and ingredients!
- Learn more about milk kefir
Yield: This amount of kefir grains will produce about 1-2 cups of delicious kefir each day to start with and much more as the kefir grains grow.
Notes: Upon arrival, the milk kefir may give off a strong yeasty and/or sour smell when you open the bag, this is just from the natural gas produced by the grains and is to be expected.
Shipping: Shipped Priority for a flat $5.90 and we offer free combined shipping for multiple cultures.
Will ship within 2 business days.
- We now ship live grains internationally.